This custom handmade pen is one-of–a-kind. Created from “rescued” eco-friendly Box Elder Burl. The burl fragment is paired with a black resin to create a stunning starting point for the turning process.
Box Elder Burl is of the Maple family and is related to the Elder tree. “Flame” (or “flamed”, or sometimes “candy”, or sometimes “red”) box elder refers to the wood after it has been affected by a process that has been the subject of both some scholarly investigation and some debate. The end result of the process, whatever the true cause, is that the wood turns red, sometimes VERY red, in areas that can be quite extensive throughout the tree.
This particular pen blank was created by taking a scrap of Box Elder and casting it with Black dyed Alumilite.
The pen style is called Cambridge and uses a rollerball refill available at any office supply store.
Use this pen and all will know you appreciate quality and craftsmanship.
The pen style is called Cambridge with a non-postable cap.
– Hand-cast inserts on the cap and post give the pen a distinctive, unrivaled beauty.
– Quality Schmidt® type rollerball refill
– Hand-cast inserts
– Plating is Gun Metal and Gold
– Collector Grade
Use this pen and all will know you appreciate quality and craftsmanship
The pen is finished to a high gloss and protected by Carnauba Wax for years of service.
– Each pen is created by me on a lathe
– Each pen blank was selected, designed and created by me
– Pictures are of the pen you will actually be receiving
– These pens are one of a kind writing instruments with the highest quality hardware
– Free shipping in the US
– Money back (If you don’t like the pen send it back for a full refund)