We combine potpourri grade botanicals and Alumilite resin and create a unique but one of a kind botanical pen blank.
Here we use organic Chrysanthemum petals and a bright red resin, as a result you receive a pen blank of the highest quality.
Chrysanthemums were first cultivated in China as a flowering herb as far back as the 15th century BC. Over 500 cultivars had been recorded by 1630. The plant is renowned as one of the Four Gentlemen in Chinese and East Asian art. The plant is particularly significant during the Double Ninth Festival.
The Chrysanthemum entered American horticulture in 1798 when Colonel John Stevens imported a cultivated variety known as ‘Dark Purple’ from England. The introduction was part of an effort to grow attractions within Elysian Fields in Hoboken, New Jersey.
Yellow or white chrysanthemum flowers are boiled to make a tea in some parts of Asia, resultingin a beverage known simply as Chrysanthemum tea.
Chrysanthemum Flowers in Red Epoxy Resin- specifications:
– Cast is Deep Red Resin
– Each blank is rectangular and nominally 7/8″ x 7/8″ x 5 1/2″
– The pen shown was turned from a production sample
– Each resin cast blank will turn a unique pen
– Each blank is sufficient for 2 single barrel pens or a double barrel
Pen Not Included – Example of this unique blank
Pen Blank Info
– Each blank is created by me in my studio
– Each blank was selected and prepared by me
– Pictures are representative of the blanks you will receive
Note: these are not beginner blanks. These blanks will test your skills and even cause frustration but are well worth the effort. Sharp tools, light cuts and a steady technique are required. Paint the tubes and inside the blank when drilled is recommended.
There may be void and gaps that will require filling as the turning progresses.